LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavlicek.vm

Top cell (row) change event

I´d appreciate an event that is called whenever there is a change of Top cell (row). Several times I needed to "align" visible content of two objects (listboxes, trees, etc.). Value change or mouse scroll event can be used but still I´ve found no way how to catch when the user uses scrollbar arrows or draging scrollbar position indicator. The only solution I found is to keep it aligned by periodically reading out Top row visible property of one object and set it for another one. That requires code in Timeout event that is called very often (otherwise it is noticeable for user) causing performance drop.

2 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

This is a general problem in LabVIEW. See for instance: Event for Array Index Values change

You would think that you could catch any user action in the Event structure... this is not the case.

Regarding the application of such an ability, check this thread, which discusses a similar idea in detail: Allow to link two arrays so that they can scroll synchronously

I believe your request is the easiest common denominator to implement, beyond tables. 

Mancho00
Active Participant

You could maybe dynamically register a mouse-up event when the array sees a mouse-over.  Then check the Array Index Value.

e.g.this