LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavisMan

The square root free Cholesky factorization

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.

The Attached code calculates the square root free Cholesky factorization (LDL'), it is very useful to decompose matrices and in my specific case, to make observability analysis within electrical distribution networks. I'm publishing it because LV counts with other kind of decompositions like the LU decomposition, very useful but for my case, the values delivered by LDL' are more accurate and easier to calculate.

Best regards

Davis Montenegro
4 Comments
cirrusio
Active Participant

Love it.  The fact that this is square root free means that we may be able to utilize this in the FPGA environment (a bonus for guys like me looking to offload computations from the CPU).

DavisMan

Hi Matt,

Well, i'm going to work on that and find a way to put it into the LabVIEW FPGA language because all the floating point operations must be done using fixed point variables, so, when i have the code i will publish it.

Regards

Davis

Davis Montenegro
altenbach
Knight of NI

I haven't really studied the code, but I think you can omit one of the transpose operations by simply branching before the first transposition. 

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.