LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinalg

Tab Control - Property Node that inform the quantity of rows of tabs

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

By using the property node "Allow Multiple Rows" of Tab Control, this allows to arrange any tab extended beyond the width of the Tab Control, but there is no property node to inform the quantity of rows that were added.

It would be interesting to have this property node because it would be possible to perfectly fit the dimensions of the Tab Control when it is resized.

6 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Could I suggest an event instead? I don't think a property could ever supply this information. How would it know how many rows there were the last time you asked for this information vs. how many rows there are now? An event that fires when the rows get rearranged would know, at the time of the rearragne, how many rows there were at the start of the rearrange and how many after and so could report the change.

Thoughts?

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
I think the request is simply for a property which returns the current number of rows. Personally, I can't say I need this as I don't have tabs with multiple rows. If I get to the point where I have enough pages to require this, I would usually use another navigation mechanism such as a list box with subpanels.

I suggested this idea because I have an application that loads a configuration file and, according to the type of data, the controls are populated in a Tab Control via Scripting VI. Then, to adjust the size and position of Tab Control, I missed this property that informs the current number of rows.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Ah. So you just want a property that is "number of rows", not a property that is "number of rows added". If that is correct, please click on "Idea Options" at the top of the page, select "Report to Moderator" and ask them to change the title of your idea to remove the word "added" so it is clear what you're asking for.

vinalg

Kudos and share this idea if you want it to happen!

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.