ouadji

String/Number Conversion

original5.png

8 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

Do you try searching first?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Number-to-Boolean-String/idi-p/950283

yes, but I found nothing about that.
I will search better next time,sorry.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

ouadji: Don't beat yourself up too much. I'm one of the few who has read every idea posted to the exchange over the years, and there are several times when I *know* an idea is already out there but I cannot find it. There are enough synonyms for features in use that we're bound to get duplicates posted even from really assiduous users. We had one a couple weeks ago where the same user posted the original idea and then the duplicate about a year later because he didn't recall having done it the first time. 🙂

ouadji
Trusted Enthusiast

thank you for reassuring me, I was afraid of being a foolSmiley Happy

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

As long as you try searching properly first, it's not a problem. In this case, for instance, all I needed was to search for was "binary string", so you can see how after a few duplicates it might seem like you're not searching.

Also, like I previously said, you should also add more details to your ideas about what your proposed functionality actually does (in this case - an example input and output) and why you're actually suggesting it - is it missing functionality for something you use often, is it something that exists but could be done better, etc. This will help people decide whether or not they want this too.

Status changed to: Duplicate

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

@Aristos Q: If you are referring to this thread, then the similar suggestion by the same author (I won't name names by decency) was pre-dating the second one by a mere one month!

ouadji
Trusted Enthusiast

tst :you should also add more details to your ideas about what your proposed functionality actually does (in this case - an example input and output) and why you're actually suggesting it - is it missing functionality for something you use often, is it something that exists but could be done better, etc. This will help people decide whether or not they want this too.

Sorry, but my english is not good enough to explain all this. Smiley Sad