From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Les__Bartel

Streamline product registration web page

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

I have LabVIEW installed on two computers - a desktop computer and a notebook computer. Neither computer can access the internet. When activating my products, I must select the product to activate and then enter several pieces of information (name, s/n, computer ID, ...) for every product. Repeat for 2nd machine. I would like for the web interface to retain the above information so I don't have to enter it many times in order to collect the keys for all of my products.

Another option would be for the web interface to return licence keys for all products registered (or give me check boxes to select products to register) to the given s/n so that I can copy/paste them to a file. I can then move that file to the target computer and activate everything.

2 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

I normally use the email interface for that.  As part of that process, you have a text file generated that has all of the products' information.  Then email activate@ni.com and usually within 30 minutes, you have a new email with all of the activation codes you need.

What I would like with the web interface is a way to just import this activation request file and then get the activation codes.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.