LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rickard

Shortcuts in LabVIEW project tree

Working with applications with 5000+ VIs means a lot of folders, libraries and classes. Normally you work on a specific class for a while, or perhaps a method of that class. But every time I have to restart LabVIEW for some reason I have to do a lot of clicking to get to a specific VI. If I'm lucky it is in the Recent Files list, but many times I'm working on more VIs than the list contains and have to click same path down in the project, over and over again.

Wouldn't it be sweet if you could right-click on a VI/class/lvlib/control and select "Create shortcut" and a link to the item in the tree is created in the "Shortcut" folder? Right-click on a shortcut and select "Remove shortcut" and it's gone.

I also have VIs in my project that I use often (for example a GUI showing all modified VIs in the project, where I can mark VIs and lock them in Subversion) and they would always "hang out" in the Shortcut list. So perhaps it should be possible to mark items in the shortcut list that are permanent and follows you in all projects.