LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
RAJINIGUTTI

Setting Conditional expressions for CONTROLS/INDICATORS in the properties Window

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

It would be very helpful for the programmers if the controls/indicators properties window has one more tab where we can define conditional expressions for disabling enabling the controls/indicators instead of writing case structures in BLOCK Diagram.

3 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

I am surprised to hear this request. Most users tell us they are unhappy when we hide VI functionality in places other than the block diagram because it makes it hard to understand the behavior of the VI. For this reason, we tend toward dialogs that help you create block diagram code easier, but the results of that dialog still end up being reflected on the block diagram. Would such an acceleration wizard be acceptable to you?

RAJINIGUTTI

The main reason why I go for labview is less development time.

So Obviously I feel that instead of me writing a code using case structures for enabling/disabling the controls based on certain condition it would be easier for me to simply configure the expression in the property window of the required controls/indicators. When a new variable is added or whenever there is a change in the expression then I would simply go there and change the expression.It would more easy for me to update the expression than to go to block diagram and update it.

Let it be reflected on the block diagram . when ever I change the expression the block diagram code also should be updated accordingly.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.