LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P@Anand

Search controls in a VI and option to Replace it.

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I wonder there is no option for searching controls present in the front panel even when we press Ctrl + F in the front panel the options for searching functions, vi's and lot others. we have the option for searching Type Def. controls but not the normal controls present in the control palette. It would be very nice if we have the option for searching and replacing the controls. I found it very tough today when I was replacing the modern controls with the system controls.

Find control.png

Am not sure whether it has been already proposed and also I tried to search for the option in the LV2011 but didn't find one.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
2 Comments
dthor
Active Participant

I know this can be done with scripting, but might as well add it to the Find dialog or create a new Find-Replace dialog.

It might get difficult when trying to replace something that has a different conpane or number of connections. Perhaps to start off it should just be able to replace FP opbject sytles, like your example of Modern->System controls. Eventually it could grow more robust if people want it.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.