From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shb

Save settings and auto save information in different files

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined. 

Currently LabVIEW settings like

and auto save information like

last projects and

last VIs

are saved in LabVIEW.ini

Please split this up in two files (maybe LabVIEW.ini and AutoSave.ini). This helps to check for changes in the settings. I suppose to save the auto save information per user. (See this idea.)

2 Comments
JeanPierre
Active Participant

I have made a small Windows command script that allows to easily start a project with its own LabVIEW preferences files.

The command is

start "" "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\LabVIEW.exe" -pref "%~dpn1.lv86ini" "%~f1"

It starts the project using a LabVIEW preference in the same directory where the project is located. If the file does not exist, it is created there (you can keep using the .ini extension instead of .lv86ini)

I then add this script in the Explorer shell for the lvproj extension to Open it with the RBMenu ("Démarrer" means Start):

cmd.png

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.