From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrey_Dmitriev

Same Height of Unbundle by Name / Terminal / Local Variable

Implemented in LabVIEW 2023 Q1.

The problem that height of local variable is 17 pix, and terminal - 16 pix, but distance between terminals in unbundle function is 15 pix.

As result - aligning to vertical compress caused steps in wires:

Screenshot.png

Right nowterminals/local variables should be slighly overlapped for "step edge free" wiring.

Please synchronize size of these icons with distance between terminals (to 16 pixels - seems to be ideal size)

Not sure if it was already in Idea Exchange or not.

Andrey.

19 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

This is only part of the problem: also consider differences in IDE vertical raster based on OS (due to default OS font/size), or if the user has changed the default Application Font in LabVIEW Preferences.

Check out the picture below where I have set my application font to size 24:

NodeHeight.png

Big Kudos for standardizing pixel alignment, also factoring in font size (I would propose locking IDE font size for Block Diagram, although this could unfairly pose usability issues. Great candidate for coupling with Zoom).

Finally, an one way to guarantee terminals the same size as locals is with a captive label on terminals.

blawson
Active Participant

it just hit me: this is why "too many wire bends" is a very common ding on CLD exams: if the computers used to test and grade the exam are different platforms (win7 vs. XP would do it) or if the test taker or grader has changed default fonts in preferences or the .ini, there will be extra bends between anything scaled for height and anything that doesn't scale.

-Barrett
CLD
Fuzzy Me

Would be better if height of all BD object (controls,indicators,bundle and unbundle terminals) same when Unckecked for "VIEW AS ICON". Offcourse considerning font size as bottle neck for this.

Ray.R
Knight of NI

Standard size for every object on the block diagram would be great..

Thanks for posting this idea Andrey

FTI_Newton

Anything to make wiring cleaner = bonus. 

rajaramm
NI Employee (retired)

I have similar issue of wire bend while connecting the reference and error in controls to a Property Node or Invoke Node.

Property Node Wiring.png

MrQuestion

This is a very good idea! Escpecially with the additional comment that rajaramm described. Those one/two pixel bends in wires are very annoying, and there isn't much you can do about it.

Engineering - The art of applied creativity  ~Theo Sutton
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: In Development

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Available in LabVIEW NXG 1.0. The terminal heights of cluster property nodes are properly aligned with control and indicator terminal heights.

ConnerP

I hope this is back on the board for LVClassic