From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_L

Run VIs on LabVIEW Startup

It would be great if we could specify a set of VIs to run on LabVIEW startup.  It could be similar to the Windows Startup folder in which anything placed in the directory will start before the getting started window.  This could be useful for running certain tools at startup or personalizing the way the LabVIEW environment starts up.

LabVIEW Startup.png

4 Comments
MichaelAivaliotis
Active Participant

You can kinda hack this. See here:

http://labviewwiki.org/Development_Environment_Event_Callback_VIs

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
Darin.K
Trusted Enthusiast

I wonder if I could register my copy of LV with that S/N and get all kinds of cool hidden stuff....  Smiley Surprised

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

> I wonder if I could register my copy of LV with that S/N and get all kinds of cool hidden stuff....

Nope. 🙂

David_L
Active Participant

Michael:  I saw this while researching my idea and it would kind of work.  My problem with that solution is that only one person/tool/entity can change it for a given computer.  If the user sets up that VI with some initialization code and then some add-on comes along and changes that VI for their own initialization, then it kills anything else that was already there.  My idea allows any number of init VIs to run without interfering with each other.  

And with that I will go hide my head in shame for forgetting to blur things out... 😞