LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
UNC_DC

(Revert Functionality) When using "Toggle" mode of "Key Navigation", maintain caret navigation on current control

This is a bug being tracked as CAR 502190

I just updated from LabVIEW 2012 to 2014, and somewhere along the way it seems the "Key Navigation" mechanism has changed.

When running a VI, sometimes it's very convenient to adjust the value of a control using the keyboard arrows (moving the caret left/right to select a digit and incrementing/decrementing using up/down).  During this, I frequently need to toggle other controls, for which I've configured the "Key Navigation" settings such that I can do so without needing to switch over to the mouse.

In 2012, the caret navigation would stay active (i.e. focused/locked) on a given control while I toggled other controls through "Key Navigation".

In 2014, if the caret is active in a numeric control and I toggle another control through "Key Navigation", the focus is lost and I have to use the mouse to place the caret back where it was.

I should note that this doesn't seem to happen with the "Increment" or "Decrement" modes of "Key Navigation", just with "Toggle".

Not sure why this was changed, but having to switch between the keyboard and mouse frequently slows down workflow considerably.

2 Comments
Christina_R
Active Participant

This was not an intentional change in behavior. CAR 502190 has been filed to track the issue.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

This is a bug being tracked as CAR 502190