LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P@Anand

Replace Enum with Tab and Vice Versa

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

It would be really nice to have a feature to Replace an Enum with a Tab and the Tab control contains the items which was configured in the Enum control. This would work the either way by replacing a Tab with an Enum containing the Items configured as Tabs. This makes sense because both are of the same data type.

Tab-Enum-1.png

Tab-Enum-2.png

Tab-Enum-3.png

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Download All
6 Comments
johnsold
Knight of NI

What would happen with a tab control which contained other controls? Where do those controls go?

Lynn

Intaris
Proven Zealot

I'm with Johnsold,

I don't see any real-world value in this.

JimChretz
Active Participant

I agree with you guys but P@Anand is techically 

I think it could be usefull to quickly create the enum typedef that matches with your tab control. But as it doesn't happen everyday, I'm perfectly fine with the intermediate constant step and I'd prefer NI engineers to work on more useful features.

That being said, the enum->tab makes much sense, so I'm upvoting.

Intaris
Proven Zealot

Would the option of linking a tab to an enum typedef not be a far more manageable solution?

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

> Would the option of linking a tab to an enum typedef not be a far more manageable solution?

YES. That seems much MUCH better. I'd go so far as to say that type and UI should be separated so that you could define different UIs for the same type... for enums, that would allow one that is the ring and one that is the tabs. I think there's an idea around on the Exchange already for that.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.