From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaPaX

Remove wire by mouse double right click

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Capability to fast remove wire: double click right mouse button on wire you want to remove

Pointer on wire:

ehja.JPG

....just fast right double click and:

poistettu.JPG

... wire is removed.

Simple and fast way to remove wire!

Nowadays you have to remove wire that way:

old_way.JPG

...or select wire with mouse and press del

8 Comments
Mads
Active Participant

No kudo from me on this.

Double (and triple) clicking on a wire already has a function (selecting neighbouring branches), that should not change.

Deleting this way would also be more prone to accidents.

elset191
Active Participant

Mads, it should be noted he said double right click

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
GabbyG
Active Participant

With nowadays mice with extra buttons it is much easier.

I have placed DEL and CTRL-E on two easily reachable buttons an can delete anything (also very handy in every day's windows busines) and switch between Frontpanel/Diagram with a mouse click.

Gabi

7.1 -- 2013
CLA
RavensFan
Knight of NI

As Mads said, double clicking to delete something is too dangerous.  It is really easy to accidentally double click something.  And since a right double click is rather unnatural (I can't think of any other application where there is a right double click), I think a normal right click could easily be accidentally a double click.

I don't see any value in this idea as I don't think it makes deleting wires and easier or faster than a click then delete.

Brandyn

Dont mean to beat a dead horse, but this is kind of dangerous.  Even now you can click and press the delete button to remove a wire if you do not want to perform 2 separate click actions. 

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Professional Instructor
JaPaX

I got this idea using Proteus ISIS pcb design software. There is that double click wire remove function. My experience is that this is handy way to remove wire.

Some one said above that accidentally can remove wire -  how often you usually press double click accidentally?

This function could be also selected option for right click functions!

RavensFan
Knight of NI

Actually double clicks aren't all that uncommon.  All it takes is a flakey mouse mouse button.  I think it is even more likely to occur with a wireless mouse as opposed to a hard-wired mouse.  With my wireless mouse for my laptop, I often get single clicks registered even though I know I didn't click the button.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.