LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Kring

Remove Window Tile Feature

Any idea that has received less than 10 kudos within 10 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I REALLY don't like the Window Tile feature (Window>>Tile Left and Right, Window>>Tile Up and Down).  Mostly because Ctrl+T is right next to to Ctrl+R (which I use for showing the error dialog when a VI is broken), so I accidentally tile my windows all the time -- frustrating.   I vote to remove it altogether.

See also this Idea: Undo Tile (ctrl + T) 

Message Edited by Jim Kring on 08-22-2009 04:11 PM
10 Comments
Knight of NI

I'm assuming that simply being able to remove the shortcut key via the Tools -> Options -> Menu Shortcuts is not enough? That's what I do. I have no use for the "feature", nor can I think of one. I suppose some folks like to see the front panel and block diagram side-by-side, but I can't really see the point of this. I mean, in which window does one spend 90% of their time - the front panel, or the block diagram?

That said, given that you can (thankfully) simply remove the shortcut is good enough for me. 

altenbach
Knight of NI
I can honestly say that I never used this feature in my entire life. I definitely would not miss it. 😉
crelf
Trusted Enthusiast
Sounds like your fingers need to loose some weight... 😛

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Jim_Kring
Trusted Enthusiast
crelf: No, it's because I don't ever look at the keyboard, when I use LabVIEW -- I just use the Force.  And, every once in a while, there is a disturbance in the Force.
Knight of NI

Or, are you perhaps being enticed by the Dark Side?

(LAVA members will get the pun.)

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
I use this all the time, especially when debugging subVIs. It lets me see the input values that were passed in, the code and the outputs all at the same time. I'd be sorry to see it go.
muks
Proven Zealot
I use it every now and then for debugging and I will  want this feature persnally.
Message Edited by muks on 08-24-2009 02:13 PM
Broken_Arrow
Active Participant
Scares the **** out of me when I hit it by accident.
Richard

PaulG.
Active Participant
I never use this so I have no opinion one way or another. And I don't think my svelte fingers have ever hit it by mistake.  But I never use CTRL-R, either. Also, I just tried it and CTL-Z will properly undo CTL-T tiling in LV2010 beta.
PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 10 kudos within 10 years after posting will be automatically declined.