From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BerndF

Refurbish examples that are shipped with LabVIEW

Examples were scrubbed in LabVIEW 2013 and later

When LV 2012 was released many examples (especially the DAQmx ones) were refurbished (comments added, controls updated to silver scheme,...). Nevertheless there are still a lot of "Zombie"examples that need to be re-worked so that they accord to the LV style guide and have a common "look and feel".

5 Comments
Darren
Proven Zealot

Might I suggest taking a look at the LabVIEW 2013 beta? 🙂

BerndF
Active Participant

Ah, good hint!
My prayers have been heard Smiley Happy

One point I forgot to mention is that many times external files that are needed for a sample program (e.g. configuration files etc.) do not point to the actual LV version folder, but to the version they have been created. If this is fixed also I'm more than happy.

Thanks Darren!

Darren
Proven Zealot

@BerndF wrote:

One point I forgot to mention is that many times external files that are needed for a sample program (e.g. configuration files etc.) do not point to the actual LV version folder, but to the version they have been created. If this is fixed also I'm more than happy. 

Can you give me a specific instance of what you're talking about here? I don't understand the issue.

Jokelnice
Active Participant

all who are related to machine vision, for example.

Ing. Jonathan E. Cruz Ortiz

ENERGÍA PROACTIVA S.A.S

Cel : (+57) 3173669343 - (+57) 3124451894

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Examples were scrubbed in LabVIEW 2013 and later