LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altenbach

Re-size formula and script nodes with ctrl-drag

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

<ctrl-drag> on the diagram expands the code to create more space. This does NOT work if we are inside a script or formula node. I am not aware of any special handling of ctrl-drag inside these nodes, so I think it would be possible to assign a resize operation to it.

Code posted in the forum often has way undersized script or formula nodes (see picture taken from here) and there is an immediate need to enlarge to actually inspect the code. Unfortunately, ctrl-dragging inside the script node does not do anything useful, and simply enlarging the node will bump into surrounding code. It is tedious to do a few ctrl-drag operations outside the node before we can resize it nicely.

IDEA: ctrl-dragging inside a script or formula node should enlarge the node and move the surrounding code accordingly.

5 Comments
SteenSchmidt
Trusted Enthusiast

Hmm, I don't think the node should be resizable at all. IMO it should have a minimum size, and only enlarge if the number of IO goes above what fits that minimum size (that also means a fixed spacing/placement of the IO terminals).

/Steen

CLA, CTA, CLED & LabVIEW Champion
altenbach
Knight of NI

> Hmm, I don't think the node should be resizable at all..

I agree, script nodes never really fit well on a graphical diagram and I still would prefer something more radical, e.g. along the lines of my old idea here.

SteenSchmidt
Trusted Enthusiast

> I agree, script nodes never really fit well on a graphical diagram and I still would prefer something more radical, e.g. along the lines of my old idea here.

That's much better - kudos to that other idea Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Steen

CLA, CTA, CLED & LabVIEW Champion
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

I have got a workaround for you: drop a sequence structure around your script node. Set it to autogrow if you don't hae this option on by default. Resize the script node as far as you want in any direction. The Sequence node will resize as needed to fit the script node. Remove the sequence structure. Voila!

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.