LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darin.K

Property "Eye dropper" tool

I would like a FP tool that is similar to the eye dropper except that it functions on a control's properties rather than color.  Ctrl-click on a control to sample the properties (data range, default, representation, mechanical action, etc.) and click on a different control to change its properties.  If the controls are different, the click is ignored.   When one of the few tools we have is equivalent to right-click, I don't think we risk clutter by adding a few more.

Or, LV could allow some property changes (besides font) to multiple selected objects...

4 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast
What version of LV are you using?
Darin.K
Trusted Enthusiast
I was using an ancient version, upon upgrading I now enjoy the ability to change properties of multiple selected objects.  A huge improvement, but I still like the idea of the short-cut.
Manzolli
Active Participant

Great idea! Getting the properties from a control to another can be very useful to make nices UI very fast. If the controls are the same kind, everything is copied from the source, if not, only the compatible properties are.

The user could have two commands: get & set. Once you get the properties from a control, it's saved in a special memory. Then you can set the properties as many times as you want.

To make it even better, the user coud have the access to a pannel with the list o properties memorized in the "get" command. In this interface the user could choose wich properties will be turned on and off, allowing a selective setting of properties.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
Laura F.
Active Participant