LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thumble

Product Installer / upgrader caveat

I don't believe this is an issue anymore, now that we install with NI Package Manager.

Hello,

I have a little complain about the product (LabVIEW or other) installer.

Since most of the time the installation lasts for a (very long) while, I still continue to work on my computer (i.e.: writing docs).

Because some new install window pops up regularly and unpredictably, taking the focus, and because the default cancel button is active and it happens just when I type the enter key in my doc, the installation just get cancelled. With the help of Murphy, this happens after one hour of process without the knowledge of what has really been installed so far. So just, to be sure I can just restart the process.

This happened not only once, It’s the 2nd time this week, one time during setup from DVD and the second while updating from the updater service.

Would it be possible to set the focus on something else than the cancel button, not let it as the default button and add a confirmation dialog to the cancel request ?

Best Regards

2 Comments
QFang
Active Participant
Another confirmation dialog may not be sufficient either. ;) Also, the space-bar key usually does the trick just as well as enter, and I use space-bar extensively when I type! 😛
QFang
-------------
CLD LabVIEW 7.1 to 2016
Christina_R
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

I don't believe this is an issue anymore, now that we install with NI Package Manager.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D