LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarstenT

Prevent ECU M&C toolkit from closing the Interface when used with the native XNET API

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.

When using the ECU M&C toolkit to handle XCP communication on an XNET interface port (using the the xxx:yyy@nixnet syntax), I've found that Disconnecting and Closing the XCP connection will cause the whole XNET interface to stop, even if other XNET sessions are still using it. 

This seems to be bad behavior for an XNET port.  Typically, when a session is closed, the interface will not be closed until every other session is done using it.  In this case, though, the interface gets closed without regard to other XNET sessions that may be running on the same port, and they consequently stop receiving or transmitting CAN frames, without any indication of why.

This is particularly problematic for me if I am using a Stream In session to log all messages on the interface.  If a self-contained XCP code module is run (Open, Connect, Read, Disconnect, Close), then the interface gets closed/stopped, and the Stream In session stops receiving frames.

I believe that this issue is happening with the NI Automotive Diagnostic Command Set (ADCS) as well.  It also seems to close the interface when a Disagnostic session is closed (see here and here).

1 Comment
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.