From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mawodorfer

Path to recycler or function "recycle"

Sometimes I do not wish to delete a file permanently or keep the path of the delete file for later restore. Usually this is done in Windows by sending the file to the recycler and getting it back from there.

Two possibilities to get this functionality into LabView:

- Add "Recycler path" to the VI "Get System Directory.vi" to return the path to the recycler. The file can than by moved to the recycler and eventually back again

- Add a new VI "recycle" to the files palette. It should work like the "delete.vi" and return the path to the recycled file in the recycler.

recycler.PNG

Best Regards
Martin
3 Comments
PhillipBrooks
Active Participant

Duplicate

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Add-quot-place-in-recycle-bin-quot-options-to-quot-Del...

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

mawodorfer

Sorry for the duplicate. Some time ago I needed this feature and found no working solution for Windows 7.

The other solution (provided by the link) is OK to send files to the recycler but not to recover them. For this I would need a "path" to the recycler.

Best Regards
Martin
MaryH
Status changed to: Duplicate