LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Senthil_Prakash

Overlap Structures

If there is a option for overlap in the structures (while loop, for loop, case structure) it will be is easy for wiring with deleting the structures as shown below. 

In the following picture error cluster overlapped  so that it came inside the structure without disturbing the wiring

Over lap structure.png

Senthil Prakash S
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
6 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

I think a better option would be to do a Shift+Drag to expand and then have the structure bring things into it.  I'm sure this has been suggested before.  I just don't have time right now to search.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
elset191
Active Participant

Here is one of the ideas crossrulz mentions.  Surprised to see the low kudos, but it appears to be the first idea, because I found a duplicate that linked to it.  There's also a link in Jack's comment to yet another similar idea.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Darren
Proven Zealot
altenbach
Knight of NI

I don't understand your scenario. It doesn't seem be be well thought out:

• Most of us have learned that controls and indicators belong on the topmost possible diagram, so it is typically not a good idea to hide them inside inner structures (there is an old discussion somewhere). So why do you want to even do that? Thus, a more useful idea would be a faster way to go from step 4 to step 2. 😉
  • What should happen in all other cases (currently hidden) that also have that error indicator wired? (duplicate the indicator, add a local variable (yuk!))?
Senthil_Prakash
I just wanted that code whatever may be controls indicators sub VI has to shifted inside or outside the structure @altenbach
Senthil Prakash S
Senthil_Prakash
Hi Darren kindly post my screenshot so that it maybe duplicate post to explained in clear
Senthil Prakash S