From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos

Option to include build version to file name and path

Functionality available in LabVIEW 2013 and later. See the Application Builder Enhancements > Creating Directory Versions in Build Specifications section of the LabVIEW 2013 upgrade notes here: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371780j.pdf

Currently the build specification name, the output filename and output path of the build is hard coded on the "information" page of the Build specification properties window.

It would be a HUGE help if optionally the version number from the "version information" page could be added to the build spec name / filename / path. Right now unless I continously change the filename and folder path the project explorer overwrites the existing build and just by looking to the file name I dont know which build is this exactly.

2 Comments
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Already Implemented

Functionality available in LabVIEW 2013 and later. See the Application Builder Enhancements > Creating Directory Versions in Build Specifications section of the LabVIEW 2013 upgrade notes here: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371780j.pdf

Active Participant

Thats absolutely great, I was not aware of this feature. But I feel that the idea is stopped half way, as (except I am missing something) the [VersionNumber] tag can only be used for naming the folder but not the filename. In most cases I put the file to the desktop as a shortcut, but the version number can not be added to the filename automatically then just by checking the file on the desktop doesnt tell me what is its version.

(I may have overlooked this feature, so let me know if its there)