From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plato

Option to Choose Default Tool When 'Automatic Tool Selection' is Active

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined. 

What about an option to choose what the default tool is when using the 'Automatic Tool Selection' feature of the tools palate? When your mouse is in the "white space" of the block diagram or front panel, the default action seems to be bulk select (maybe), but it would be nice to have the option to change the white-space behavior to scroll on the block diagram and maybe operate on the front panel or whatever you seem to be using most. Then, when appropriate, the automatic tool selection would pick the appropriate tool.

3 Comments
TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

What do you mean by 'operate on the front panel'? That sound like the current Shorcut menu options.

Scrolling can be done with the scroll wheel, so I don't see a need for this idea.

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Plato

I meant 'operate' as one of the tools you can select - same as 'scroll' - more specifically 'scroll window'. I got these names from the tooltips hovering over the tools in the tool palate. The only way that I know to scroll within a block diagram now is CTRL-SHIFT-DRAG or to turn off the auto-tool and pick scroll as the selected tool. I like having the auto tool on, but would like to pick the default behavior. Hope that explains things better.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.