LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben_Phillips

Newly created VI's follow convention of opened VI's in Windows window ordering

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.

When you open an existing VI, the FP is linked with Windows as the window before the BD.  When you create a new VI, this is reversed.

It sounds nitpicky, but it can slow me down a little bit when I have 20+ VI's open.

I actually immediately save and close a VI every time I create one because of this, and then re-open to get the ordering I want.

2 Comments
dthor
Active Participant

I agree that both methods should result in the same ordering. When a new VI is created, the Front Panel and the Block Diagram are both opened (with the BD being opened "first"). When a subVI is opened, only the Front panel is opened. The user must press CTRL+E (or whichever method is preferred) to open the block diagram, putting the BD 2nd on the Windows task bar.

New VI:

Capture.PNG

Opened VI (with BD opened after the VI):

Capture2.PNG

Opening a new VI should open the front panel first and the block diagram second. I'd like the focus to stay on the front panel though:

1. Open FP

2. Open BD (by windows default, takes focus)

3. Set focus to FP

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 7 kudos within 7 years after posting will be automatically declined.