From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
toniaz

New Operation Behavior for Push Buttons in LabVIEW

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.

LabVIEW uses 5 types of operation behavior for push buttons. However, I have come accross a rather annoying obstacle, whenever I need to execute an event for once (turning on a simple LED AND keeping lit AND keeping the button released, for instance), I need to run through Loops or structures which  consumes the space of the block diagram. Although this may sound very simple, after all I am a newbie when it comes to LabVIEW, it really helps in certain places, namely in my very simple project. Here are two of the ways that demonstrate what I am doing at the moment: 

Untitled.jpg 

And here is how the new pressonce/execute once and for all/release block diagram looks like (excuse my English, I believe the digrams must illustrate what I want to say)

neww.jpg

As I have said, maybe it doesn't make a difference to you, but it does to others and I am one of them, well you can either go with a while loop or without, let's keep it to the big guys to decide (this is if my suggestion gets accepted). And I am choosing a random label 😄

Thank you for your time.

🙂

Message Edited by toniaz on 28-11-2009 12:46 AM
T. A.
3 Comments
Marc Blumentritt

Hi,

1.) your idea does not belong to the FPGA Idea Exchange.

2.) I don't really get your problem and what you want to improve in LabVIEW. If you want to turn on a LED on a GUI, just do it (of course use a event structure, as every GUI should use one. Configure a event, which reacts on a value change event of the boolean control, which you press on your GUI).

Marc

CLD
TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

If I understand a little bit what you need, you are looking at a True->False only event?

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.