LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanWright

Need System I/O Controls

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Currently, there are only modern and silver I/O controls (as of LabVIEW 2011 SP1).  This is great if you are developing a GUI with those types of controls but it doesn't work well if you are using system controls for your GUI because of the inconsistent look and feel.  It would be really nice if every I/O control had a system version as well as modern and silver versions.

4 Comments
Darin.K
Trusted Enthusiast

The OP is asking for System style controls and says that Modern and Silver are the only current (LV11+) options.

Neither look great IMO, but I do not put them on many GUIs that I care about so I am not overly concerned.

PNR

Well obviously Microsoft does not provide Windows constrols for DAQ Task, etc... That said, I feel the same way whenever I design FPs. So an implementation that looks and behaves like a system control would be wonderful.

InfiniteNothing
Active Participant

Originally this comment linked to another library of system controls but I looked and the IO controls aren't in there.  Sorry.

It's not as good as a native control but one workaround woudl be to use a combo box and for something like VISA, you can use Find VISA Resource to fill in the options.

CLED (2016)
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.