LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pktl2k

NView, Alt+Tab order

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Hi!

Especially in multi monitor setups NView provides some very convenient functions. LabVIEW and NView, however, don't play well together. That is: I have to disable NView to use LabVIEW properly. That's very annoying, as you can imagine.

So my suggestion is: fix it Smiley Tongue

I suspect, that LabVIEWs scrambling of the alt+tab order is part of the problem. So I'd like to see that fixed too. I mean, you already have a shortcut to switch between Frontpanel and Blockdiagram (Ctrl+E). Why additionally scramble the alt+tab order to get FP and BD side by side?

Best regards,

pktl2k

P.S.: I'm sure, users of not-NVidia graphics have similar trouble with their respective NView counterparts.

7 Comments
TrevMrgn
Nothing to do with NVidia or NView. Just Windows. It is rather annoying that all LabVIEW windows get moved to the front of the Alt-TAB list so I can't quickly switch between LabVIEW and another application. It's probably related to the way ALL LabVIEW windows end up in front of other applications when one is selected. It would be more useful if the stacking order was more normal with windows only jumping to the top when selected.
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

This has already been suggested - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Make-Alt-Tab-behaviour-consistent-with-other-applicati...

The focus of my suggestion was the NView part rather than the alt-tab part. It's just not an option that I have to disable NView everytime I want to use LabVIEW. I just suspected, that the alt-tab behaviour of LV might be a problem for NView.

Maybe the title is misleading, but I didn't find a button to edit my original suggestion...

Ken_Naylor
FYI 

You can permanently turn off the nView features for LabVIEW only in nView Desktop Manager.  Go to the Applications Tab,  Add LabVIEW application and turn off the features that do not work.  nView then remembers the setting for next time

Ken

pktl2k

@Ken_Naylor:

That is true. However, I still experienced weird window behaviour when using virtual desktops. And you can't disable virtual desktops per application. You should be able to restrict applications to a certain desktop. But this didn't work with LV the last time I tried.

It would be so nice to have, for examnple, front panels on one desktop and block diagrams on another.

Baptiste_CA

I use nView. In order to work with Labview, I had to make only one setting change:

- nView Desktop Manager -> Applications -> Add...

- enter "labview" for the application name. -> OK

- Select labview and click Individual Settings...

- Clear "Allow title bar buttons" in the Window Control section. -> OK

- OK.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.