LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
VlaPet

NEW feature wanted - idea of the new control

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

Hello would be good to have Integer number in the BINARY format switched with clockwise description of the bits.

See you VlaPet

6 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

a) What sorts of applications would benefit from this? It is a very rare sort of request.

b) You can easily build such a control for yourself by creating an XControl -- just reverse the bits before you display the bits in your facade and reverse the bits again if the facade control changes value.

VlaPet

The best application are the big testers with a lot of binary ports and setup sequecely whole ports to reach the status of the machine.

Leave all in the boolean arrays is working with arrays and a little less powerfull or optimal.Possibility to switch ON clock wise labels of the bits esspecialy in the constants would be super for that kind of the work. Easy setup and by th ecopy very nice coment of the code. Instead of the structures with bits...

Not urgent, but very graphically and editable sutable work with this... XControls is possibility, but very big effort I assume to reach this with especialy constants in the code...(controls or indicator are extra, but if exists similar object for the Conrol, Exist also for the constant 🙂 Thanks for the answer I dont know where is the pool with for ideas only to the marketing developers....nothing urgent.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Here... you caught me on a good day. I actually needed to create a new XControl as part of a test I was doing... rather than recreate one I've done before, I built one for your request.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-41477

Take it and adapt it as you see fit. It doesn't cover your constant use case (LV doesn't have XConstants), but in many cases, the controls suffice to set the value and then you can do "change to constant" afterward.

VlaPet

Thanks for answer, but You are more quick programmer then I am generating Ideas.

So I saw first time how to build XControl, but this is not a solution of my idea and I think it will not be possible to do it...by this technology.

If you imaginate binary number you hav it in the Xcontrol and above all bits will be included together above of the control or constant clockwise text

of the description of the bits...nice graphically to esy document code by this... I hope it will be standard property in the future of the integer variables or constants.  Thanks and see you...This is not so comfortable like I need. VlaPET

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Can you post a picture of what you're hoping to see? That would make it a lot simpler to evaluate.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.