LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Falk_Wurster

.NET Constructor Node (Dialog) >> Select constructor throug a filter input field with dot notation and autocomplete

Everyone knows, actual assembly and constructor selection through dropdown and objects is very painful.

Disadvantage: A programmer has exactly to know, what he search for and in which assembly he can find it.

.NET Constructor Node actual select dialog

Common .NET Editors supports users with dot notation and text recognition. e.g. Visual Studio

.NET Editor.jpg

OK that is luxury and not necessary - but what about a simple filter input field like in "Edit Events" dialog?

Filter Edit Events

To capture this in a nutshell:

- add a filter input field

- add a little bit luxury with dot notation and autocomplete

- maybe there is a way for remanent selection of some default assemblies (cf. Visual Studio) so that filter base is fast and assembly dropdown must not use all time

Benefit: Notation to select a constructor (or method or property in other nodes) is that the filter input string is similar to all .NET class documentations, tutorials and examples. Transfer will be much easier.

NewBrowse.jpg

Vikings Software GmbH - software development excellence
2 Comments
NickNZ

I was using this the other day. Can I please add:

• Current box is not resizable. 
  • A means to filter and find constructors, methods & properties.
  • LabVIEW 2015 buffers the dll. So if I recompile the dll and inc issue the version, it keeps using the older buffered version. Had to restart LabVIEW, then it warned on opening that DLL version had been changed which was nice, but annoying. 

NickNZ

Can the LabVIEW devs talk to the TestStand Devs and borrow their code??? This interface is much better than LabVIEW.

Interesting it was another reason for me to abondon my development in LabVEIW and switch to TestStand for my current project. 

Teststand dotNet.png