LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RigilKumar

Multi Select Quik Drop

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Hi

Currently in Quik drop pallette only one function can be selected. I would like to have multi select functions by clicking Cntrl button from the Quick drop pallette like this

Hi

Currently in Quik drop pallette only one function can be selected. I would like to have multi select functions by clicking Cntrl button from the Quick drop pallette like this

Multi select Quick drop

Thanks

Rigil

Thanks

Rigil

5 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

How would those appear under your mouse cursor? One big stack of functions? Horizontally laid out? Would you expect autowiring to already be run among them?

FraggerFox
Active Participant

I like this idea!

It would be ok even if it does show which functions are being dragged out under the cursor, only dragging the selected functions should put them on the Block Diagram.

-FraggerFox!
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
"What you think today is what you live tomorrow"
stbe
Active Participant

Once QD is loaded into memory, it is so fast I can also hit CTRL+Space twice to get both VIs.

I certainly see problems when multiple selection is possible - especially with all the available plugins already out there ...

I've been prototyping some functionality with Quick Drop where, with a certain mouse and/or keyboard gesture, Quick Drop would stay open and regain focus after an object was dropped, thereby allowing for multiple drop operations without having to press Ctrl-Space each time.  If I can get that working, I think it will get us pretty close to this idea.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.