LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NIquist

Lock decorations so they can't be selected

Already implemented in LabVIEW

I'm often frustrated when after setting up nice background decorations I can no longer drag a selection box around items that are on top of it.  I like to keep the decoration back there and sized correctly because it defines a functional area on my front panel where a set of related controls should fit (plus I like to work on a nice looking GUI).  It would be great if there were an option to lock a decoration in place so it would not interfere with the subsequent selection of anything inside it.  It is especially frustrating when trying to shift-click a large selection of small items since one missed click will de-select everything I was trying to select in favor of the background decoration forcing me to start all over again.  I realize this is somewhat of a low priority request but if the implementation is simple it would be a very convenient feature.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
2 Comments
NIquist
Trusted Enthusiast

Hmmm.  It seems that that functionality is already available with the Group and Lock menu.  I never thought of using it for this purpose. Smiley Sad

Oh Well, Never Mind NI Guys! Smiley Happy

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
JordanG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined
Already implemented in LabVIEW