LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricC.

List the lvlib hierarchie

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

In a complexe project, when you make Packed Librairie (lvlibp) or dll it is very important to compil your lvlib in a good order.

(from lvlib with less depencies to lvlib with more depencies)

But we don't have a way to see the lvlib hierachy

(we have only vi hierarchie, class hierarchie)

Ingénieur d'Application / Développeur LabVIEW Certifié (CLD)
Application Engineer / LabVIEW Certified Developer (CLD)
7 Comments
TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

You can turn on grouping of LVLIB's in the VI Hierarchy in recent (2009??) versions of LabVIEW, is that sufficient?

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

The VI Hierarchy can show the LVLib hierarchy.  Just click the "Group Libraries" button in the button bar of the VI Hierarchy Window.

EricC.
Active Participant

The option  "Group Libraries" is not suffisant. I this cas i have too muche inforation because i have the VI and the libraries.

in this case it's not usefull.

An example of hierarchie.

This example is generated from a middel level librairie

New-1.png

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

The levels of libraries seems pretty clear from the image posted. That's just my opinion. We can leave the idea open to see if there are more kudos, but my personal opinion is that adding a new lib-only hierarchy would be more noise in the menus without adding any real new functionality. Personally, I'd close this idea as "already implemented." But that's just me.

EricC.
Active Participant

if your eyes  are good enougth to read the lvlib name, why not, but i can't read it with this zoom level.

Of course i can zoom, but to list all lvlib, i must zoom to a block, read the lvlib name, unzoom, and to it again.

and if y want only the direct dependecy (to build a dll) i must hide the sub tree, one after the other on all vi !!!

it's long, very long ...

A graph like :

New-1.png

is more clear and it's easy to hide sub link to obtain the direct called !

New-2.png

So in a fwee minute i see that windows_dialoguebox.lvlib depend on picture and color.lvlib, file.lvlib and vi_position.lvlib

so i need to create picture and color.lvlibp, file.lvlibp and vi_position.lvlibp befor windows_dialoguebox.lvlibp

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Click on the red triangles on the library to collapse the entire library down to a single icon.

ShrinkLibs.png

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.