LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregFreeman

List Unwired Cases Option

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

It drives me crazy when I have unwired cases and I want to see which cases I have not passed the wire through. I have to go clicking through every case to find them. I propose a right-click menu option on a unwired node coming out of a case structure which will either take me to the unwired case if there is only one, or pop up a list that has all the unwired cases. From this list I should be able to double click and show that particular case. This should also work for event structures.

Is this feature already there? If so, it should be added to the right-click menu IMO.

5 Comments
Darren
Proven Zealot
The few times I've needed to do this, I've found the control-scroll wheel trick gets me through the cases fast enough to quickly identify the unwired ones. http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Darren-s-Weekly-Nugget-02-20-2006/td-p/327408
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

I also use Ctrl+Scroll, but if you want, you can probably adapt this to do what you want. Basically, just reverse its logic:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12585

I use the Run button for that. 😄

runButton.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

>I use the Run button for that.

This won't work for the example in the idea, because the tunnel is set to use default if unwired (and wouldn't it be nice if it didn't?).

Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.