LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike4

Let me bypass the hover delay when I click on submenus or function/control subpalette icons?

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I would like to see a way to adjust or eliminate the mouse hover delay when navigating the function/control palettes context menus.  Sure, it's less than a second, but when I'm in the groove, this seems like an eternity -- especially when I'm digging several levels down to find what I need.  What's most annoying, though, is that Labview ignores my mouse clicks during this process -- that is, nothing happens when I click on an icon to bring up a subpallete.  I can get in 3 or 4 frustrated mouse clicks before the hover delay opens it for me.  

The windowed (pinned down) palette navigator responds instantly to mouse clicks -- is there a way to make the context menu (right-click) navigator do the same?  

Or, might there be a way to adjust Labview's mouse hover delay, for example, via the Windows 'menu show delay' registry setting?  My system setting is a brisk 100 ms, which seems to affect most programs but not Labview.  (I'll also note that 'regular' menus in Labview, like the menu bars and context menus, ignore this system setting as well as my mouse clicks.)

3 Comments
JCC_(SK)
Active Participant

I want instate reaction from IDEl.

I don't understand what LabVIEW is doing when I click to palette icon or contest menu.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

> I don't understand what LabVIEW is doing when

> I click to palette icon or contest menu.

Generally checking the disk for plugins for all the features that customers have asked be more supportive of plugins. It's an issue that we're working on, trying to balance those two requests.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.