LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PremVishwanathan

LabVIEW for Android systems

Hi all,

I would like to suggest any labview program that uses simple codes (which doesn't use rio, dac and all) should be given inbuilt options to be converted as a .apk file for android systems. so the mobile's Bluetooth or wireless networks should be able to utilize the code without the aid of computer system.

Actually I developed a code for getting data over WiFi and process it through labview, if it can be converted into an application file that can be used in mobile phones means i can further enhance its use for my graduation project. Please let me know if there are possibilities.

Regards,

Premkumar.

8 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

First you should learn to use the search function of this forum. You will find many repeats of that same suggestion, which you could them give your kudos to.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
Darren
Proven Zealot
PremVishwanathan

Hi All,

for your kind response to my idea, i would say that for someone new to this platform labview would think like me and ask such questions out of interest, it is not necessary to make the status as duplicate as i didn't posted someone else's idea like my own. even though many have posted before the same question which i posted, we haven't come up with an answer yet. 

which in terms made me to think its better to post it again, so anyone working in NI would come up with an idea to fill this requirement. 

instead of saying that its a duplicate or teaching me to use search, post some answers please. and for your knowledge i know to use search before asking a question in a forum.

thank you,

Prem vishwanathan.

crossrulz
Knight of NI

I think you misunderstand the purpose of the Idea Exchange.  The purpose of this board is to give ideas to NI for how to improve LabVIEW.  If you like the idea and you want to see it in LabVIEW, you give the idea a kudos.  This idea was marked as a duplicate since this idea has already been presented.  So if you want NI to implement this, go give the other thread kudo.

This board is not for sharing solutions.  If you need a solution, you should go post in the LabVIEW discussion board.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

@Prem: My bad. I should have noticed your new user status. There is a custom in the IE forum to try avoiding repeating the same request as one already posted (or small variant thereof). This is why it is customary to perform a search. Sometimes the search fails to return anything relevant, the poster goes ahead and submit the idea, but an old timer will then remember something on that same topic, will search harder with different keywords and finally mention this in a comment, and report the post to a moderator to flag it as duplicate.

This is nothing personal, just the way this forum works.

What I just described is almost what happened in your case, except that if I type "android" in the subject of a new idea, here is what shows up (no search, just typing):

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 11.03.58.png

Of course this includes your post now, but my point is that it was very easy to find related ideas, hence my mention of the search function.

Welcome to the forum!

PremVishwanathan

hi,

@X. thanks buddy, i think i also got a bit carried away after your comment. anyways i am just new to the forum and my search didn't had the word android as you say.

PremVishwanathan

@crossrulz, ok dude. will look for solutions there.