From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X.

LabVIEW Vision: Image ROI Features

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.

1) Allow tilting ANY type of ROI, not just rectangles. For instance, the user draws an ellipse or a freehand path and is allowed to tilt it anyway he/she sees fit.

2) Allow RESCALING ANY type of ROI. By this I mean provide the user with handles on the bounding rectangle of the ROI and allows he/she to resize the enclosed ROI.

3) Provide a more intuitive definition of ROIs. I know this will break backward compatibility, but the current (cryptic and undocumented) way the ROIs are defined with an array of I32 is useless. We had to break backward compatibility when moving from horse carriage to engines.

4) Restore the option to show ROI ID present until LV 8.5 (and extend it so that they can have "captions") [BTW, this is clearly a case of NI breaking their own motto of preserving backward compatibility]. I know this is something that can be emulated using overlay. I am just suggesting to promote it as a basic built in feature.

My 4 cts,

X.

2 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

4) never existed, BTW. My bad.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.