LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam_S

LabVIEW Support for Windows IoT Enterprise

According to some engineers that I have spoken to in the prototyping industry, Windows 10 IoT is gaining some traction as a preferred embedded OS for developing ideas.  Windows 10 IoT, as I understand it, is delivered in 3 different versions: Core, Enterprise, and Enterprise Mobile.  Now where Core is built as a .NET application and lacks some of the system capabilities of Windows 10, the Enterprise version is built as a Win32 OS and is closest to Windows 10 as it is now.

If resources allow, it might be beneficial to see some future support for at least this version of Windows 10 IoT to meet the demands of a growing body of engineers who will want to integrate LabVIEW executables with their Windows 10 IoT powered devices.

Adam
6 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

To take this a step further, W7 Embedded probably won't be around for much longer.  NI should be looking for the next Windows alternative for their embedded systems (cDAQ and PXI)

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Neil.Pate
Active Participant

Hmmm, as Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is really the same as Windows 10 Enterprise (which is just Windows 10 pro with some extra stuff) I had assumed LabVIEW would just work "out of the box".

If you figure out how to buy a single Windows 10 IoT Enterprise license please let me know!

aartjan
Active Participant

I have played with the linx tools to run labview on a Beaglebone. Although quite an accomplishment, it is not really deployment grade. I support this request!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
d.w.b

"The editions of Windows 10 that National Instruments supports are as follows:

* Windows 10 Professional
   * Windows 10 Enterprise (LTSC)
   * Windows 10 IoT Enterprise (LTSC)
The editions of Windows 10 that National Instruments does not support are as follows:

* Windows 10 IoT Core
   * Windows 10 in S Mode"

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8wsSAC&l=en-US

EricR
Active Participant
Status changed to: Completed

NI supports the Windows 10 IoT variant.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8wsSAC&l=en-US

Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
bienieck
Active Participant

NI recently removed official suport for LTSC (too bad). It should work, but NI will not support you in case of any trouble. Also, as you can see the text d.w.b pasted is out of date.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.