LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackDunaway

LabVIEW Project and Windows 7 Snap

Any idea that has received less than 9 kudos within 9 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Windows 7 Snap is a killer feature I really enjoy. One problem: when snapping LabVIEW Project windows, you get a wacky-huge project, whereas I would like a nice, thin project along the side of the screen. The width of the snapped project could become an environment setting.

Intiating the snap: 

Win7SnapInitiate'.png

Current wacky-huge project:

Win7SnapBig.png

Proposed LabVIEW Project Snap Size:

Win7SnapThin.png

4 Comments
Darin.K
Trusted Enthusiast

I believe that the wacky huge size is equal to half your monitor's width and is not really a free parameter.  In my short time playing with Windows7 I have figured I would use snap with LV about as often as I currently use Ctrl-t.  What you should try with the project window is getting the resize cursor on the top of the title bar then double-clicking.

JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

Neat trick, didn't know about the double-click. It's similar to grabbing the resize cursor at the top or bottom, then dragging to either the top or bottom of the display. This action "vertically maximizes" just like your double click trick.

And you're right... the default for snapping is half the display width. Hopefully - the basis on which this Idea relies - is that the OS environment default can be overridden with an app-specified Snap width. I want LabVIEW to have it's own environment option for project width (around 400px is a good default for a 1920x1200 display) that overrides the default "display width / 2" behavior.

Message Edited by JackDunaway on 06-10-2010 03:16 PM
Knight of NI
Perhaps SplitView might work for you.
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 9 kudos within 9 years after posting will be automatically declined.