From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swenp

Keep Quick Drop window open with last selection

After selecting an entry from the quick drop list I have to re-open it again for each item I want to place. Why not adding the possibility to keep it open showing the last selection? E.g. if I select the TCP Open item most likely I will use a TCP read or write in the next step. I think this could be easily done by copying the behaviour of the Control-/Function palettes which have a Pin to make them sticky.

QuickDrop.png

3 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
An alternative way of reaching the same goal is to allow easy access to the palette itself. When QD was first shown as a prototype, I built a similar tool in LV 7.0 which had this feature - if you pressed Shift+Enter it opened the palette of the result instead of dropping it. You could then drop as many functions as you wanted from that palette.

I believe we can already keep the selections open by pressing the thumb tack on the left top corner of the window... or am I missing something?

Thoric
Trusted Enthusiast
There is a discussion on this idea here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/37027#37027 I certainly like the idea of being able to pin it open somehow, perhaps using a different shortcut such as CTRL+Shift+Space (as suggested in the link)
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)