From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulG.

Incremental search

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

list.PNG

As the number of records gets larger the more difficult it is for an operator to find an exact filename, especially when the first 5-10 characters are the same. I would like to have incremental search, AKA autocomplete, AKA search as you type, AKA filter/find as you type, inline search, instant search, word wheeling ...

This works well in windows explorer but I find no native incremental search in LabVIEW.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
4 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Combo box

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
PaulG.
Active Participant

I prefer the listbox. Regardless, I think incremental search should be functional in all text-based controls.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Like typing an 'n' in Windows Explorer while inside of the Programs folder to instantly scroll down to National Instruments?  Now that could be really useful.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.