LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris.Osiecki

Incompatible Runtime warning

Any idea that has received less than 8 kudos within 8 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I spent some time the other day troubleshooting a problem and couldn't for the life of me figure out why my program wasn't working. By chance, the guy who'd installed the runtime engine on the computer I was installing to had left the executable on the desktop. He had used the minimum install that's normally for remote front panels. It would be great if there was a warning when you tried to run a program that needs the full run-time install but only the minimum was installed. Most of the program worked (a suprising amount actually), but it was only certain features that didn't. The features that didn't work (like TDMS logging) wouldn't throw an error either, even with debugging enabled. If there had been a pop-up warning that the program wouldn't work completely with the current run-time engine, I would have saved a couple of hours of combined time between me and the other engineers trying to run a test.
1 Comment
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 8 kudos within 8 years after posting will be automatically declined.