LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gepponline

How I would Like Labview IDE to be

....I use labview since 1999 , I don't like, and I'm not able to write textual code and remember syntax.
I use Labview for every kind of software, from data acquisition to DB management.
During last two years i had the necessity to develop some application for mobile but there's no way to do it in labview....datadashboard is definetely not "programming in labview" for mobile.
Obviously I would like labview to be open source, a community version and a professional one could be nice....but...first of all, I would like labview to be able to compile executable for win, mac, linux, WEB,android and iOs using the same platform
Like for example i can do using LiveCODE (but as i said, it is simpler than other textual programming languages, but it still a textual language)
Now if i need an application for linux i need labview for linux ( a tragedy) and make executable from inthere the same thing for MAC.
I would like a single IDE where i can build executable for every platform (this SHOULD BE a real cross platform IDE).
...maybe I can ask it to Santa for christmas...

2 Comments
Blokk
Trusted Enthusiast

Just a note that you can get LV 2014 Home edition, it is cheap, plus NI enabled the build option in it...Yep, only for Windows platform.

CantankerousBullMoose