From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Yamaeda

Hidden items and window opacity

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.

This is a half-baked idea, so i'm testing the grounds here.

It shouldn't happen, but sometimes stuff is hidden under other code, like overlapping functions, something outside a case structure or under (and outside) a case. This could be through font size changes (an Unbundle growing) someone resizing a case without Autosize or similar.

What if such items could be seen through in a faded fashion, such as a Case structure had 80% opacity? Ofcourse this wouldn't affect the different cases within a case structure, but only to items outside it. The same with other structures.

This ties back to another idea on this forum about being able to select some items and choose Disable, with this in addition you could create one Disable around all, the the non chosen parts can still be seen, though in a faded fashion.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
2 Comments
thols
Active Participant

Related to this: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Arrow-when-wire-goes-under-object/idi-p/3554195.

Letting wires or even objects be seen when underneath other objects or structures is like saying it's OK. I would prefer a set of rules/preferences that disallows putting stuff beneath other stuff. E.g it should abolutely never be possible to place a VI on top of a VI, but e.g comments should (maybe/by preference) be allowed to be placed on top of wires but not VI. I realize that the rules might get complex, but it should at least be possible to make some improvements here.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.