LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReneW

Graphs and Charts with semi-transparent fill option

It would be nice, if the plot fill cold be set semi-transparent.

I have to plot minimum, maximum and average. It would give a better impression if the area between minimum and maximum is filled. Unfortunately the fill area hides the grid completely. It would enhance the plot if the fill was semi-transparent and the Grid would shine through.

I don't know how much effort it would take to implement a semi-transparent fill function in LV. If such a semi transparent fill function should be implemented could be implemented easily it should be done easily.

The picture shows a graph with   (A) normal fill,   (B) semi transparent fill (new idea)  , (C) no fill

wfg.png

Does anybody else miss such a semi-transparent fill option (B)?

4 Comments
kegghead
I found myself wanting the same thing today, along with being able to specify the fill direction (horizontal vs vertical).
fabric
Active Participant

I think this is a great idea... Semi-transparency seems like such an obvious visual improvement that you could even consider making it the default for all graphs and charts.

One suggestion for how to implement it would be to add an "alpha" value to the standard RGB colour picker... Imagine being able to make ANY colour transparent in any context. Surely that wouldn't be too hard to implement! 😉

jgooding

Spent ages trying to get this to work.  Would find it very useful indeed.

Romain.P

I support this idea!