From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlashLV

Graphically Manipulate Elements in an Array Constant

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.

It seems to me that I should be able to expand an array constant and manipulate the elements with drag'n'drop and ctrl/alt/shift key.  For example if I want to move the 3rd element to the 14th, currrently it is a series of insert/copy/paste/delete moves with the mouse.  I should be able to select the 3rd element and drop it on either the current element at the 14th position, causing it to be replaced, or on the divide between the current 13th and 14th and have it inserted.  The array would "heal" by deleting the 3rd element when the drop is finished (or if I have held down the shift|alt|ctrl key it just copies the element and does not delete it).  I should also be able to drag a constant off the block diagram and drop it into an array at any point and have it become part of that array (either replacing a current element if it is dropped on one, or if dropped between two elements the "lower" elements are pushed down one).  I should be able to drag an element out of an array and have it be a constant that I can set down on the block diagram (yes, I know I can use ctrl-C and crtl-V to copy an element out of an array.)  When I select an element to drag out of an array I should be able to choose whether to copy the element or remove it from the array (without it destroying the array.)

Already we can drag'n'drop into (creates/recreates) and out of (empties) an array, it just needs to be a little more intelligent.

1 Comment
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.