From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blokk

Graph Plot Legend: more control on Run-Time Shortcut Menu

Hello,

Recently we do not have real control on the shortcut menu. We can modify/disable the Graph's Run-Time shortcut menu, and we can access Events of selection for example. This does not work for the Plot Legend: if someone wants to use the legend, but for example exclude some of its options from the menu list, recently is not possible. We have neither Events associated with the Plot Legend Run-Time Menu Shortcuts.

Could this be fixed/enhanced? Either to give an option to have the same custom modification as for the Graph's menu, and/or get Events (filtered too) for this menu.

What do you think?

Idea came from this post: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Export-Data-Right-Click-Graph-Display-Format/m-p/3337820/highlight/t...

5 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Same thing for the graph axes.  It would be nice to limit those menus as well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
crossrulz
Knight of NI

After playing around some more, I am noticing that the custom right-click menu I set up is actually for everything in the graph.  I was remembering wrong for some reason (will have to double check when I get a chance to look at the deployed machine I thought I saw the issue with).

So is the idea here to limit what is selectable in the graph palette at runtime and not just the right-click menu?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Blokk
Trusted Enthusiast

After playing around some more, I am noticing that the custom right-click menu I set up is actually for everything in the graph. 

So sadly, but no. Have a look at the following example. I disabled the Export submenu from the Run-Time Shortcut Menu list, so when you right click on the Graph, you cannot see these entries. However, you CAN still reach the Export submenu wen you right or left click on the Graph Legend! This is the point, see the second screenshot below...

no_export.png

yes_exportmenu.png

crossrulz
Knight of NI

Ah.  Things are quite clear now!  Yes, I did see the same thing in the plot legend only if you actually click on the "plot image" in the plot legend.

GCentral
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

The Export Data to Clipboard menu that you get on the Legend acts actually in a different manner than the one you obtain by clicking elsewhere on the graph: it is limited to the single plot you are cliking on. This can be a very useful feature.

This being said, this request is a duplicate of point 4 in this idea.