From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yakov

Generate event on Selecting a tool in graph palette.

Often I need to know if a user selected a tool in graph palette, but there is no event for it.

I can handle mouse click events, but when user selects one of the zoom tools, the popup that shows zoom tools doesn't generate mouse click events for the graph at all.

I guess the popup is not considered to be a part of the graph or it is rendered outside the graphs boundaries.

So there is no way to register the fact that user selected one of the zoom tools other then poll for it in a loop. No good. I don't like doing that. 😞

6 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

Another workaround (rather than polling) would include creating your own Graph Palette.

Yakov

A bit time consuming and kind of reinventing the wheel, but it's legitimate workaround. Thank You!

Wonger

I can't think of any reason off the top of my head why this would not be possible.

Yakov

Sorry. What would not be possible?

Active Participant

I just signed in to post this exact idea. I hate having to poll for value changes on "WFGraph:ActPaletteTool" for multiple graphs in the background of my app. Please add an event that we can handle! Heart

Quiztus2

I use the zooming function as ROI. If there is no event for Reset Zoom clicked, add it please.