From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patibandla

Free Labels to Block Diagram Constants Conversion

Now available in LabVIEW 2023 Q3

single click we can create Lable in the Block Diagram.

if we want to create constants(sting , enum,numaric etc), it will take three steps.

by converting the Free Labels to Constants, I feel it is easy way to create Block diagram constants.

Free label to constant.jpg

8 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

If you upgrade to LabVIEW 2015, available today for users with an active SSP, you'll be able to use this:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-43588

This is a plug-in for LabVIEW's popup menus that I wrote it this morning. I took a slightly different route to implementing it -- I added only a single "Change to Constant" menu item and let the code do the work of figuring out the best type. It seemed better than flooding the menu with lots of different types. If you prefer your style, the code is entirely written in G. You are able to edit it and modify the menu items as you see fit.

Welcome to LabVIEW 2015!

crossrulz
Knight of NI

Stephen Loftus-Mercer is going to have way too much fun on the idea exchange now...

"Make you own plugin!"

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

I'm not so callous. I'm not insisting you write all of your own.  🙂 Here's the site where this and many other plug-ins are available for download:

http://ni.com/lvmenus/

A few of us at NI have spent the last couple months since LV 2015 was finalized writing various plug-ins for many ideas on the exchange to have a rich offering as soon as 2015 became available.

patibandla

ToeCutter
Active Participant

Thanks Aristos!

I do however think this idea merits being built in. One suggestion- use a sub-menu for all the data type options to keep the clutter out of the top level.

Christina_R
Active Participant
Status changed to: In Development

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Christina_R
Active Participant
Status changed to: In Beta

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Christina_R
Active Participant