LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manu.NET

Force synchrounous front panel update ...

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Hello,

I have recently an application in which i had to get the image of VI front panels, in order to insert in a report.

(This front panels contained XY graphs)

Just one more information : The VIs from which i get the images are called in a loop. I don't get the image of an already shown front panel !

(Getting an image of a shown VI on a button click event works fine ! but it is not my need. My need is to view many VI's to get their front panel.)

Ex :

• On event click "Generate report"
  • open report
  • For all graph to insert in the report
    • Launch a VI with a front panel containing graphs an other informations
    • Ask the VI to get it's front panel image
    • Close the VI
    • Insert the image in the report
  • En for
  • Close report

The problem is that sometime (more often in executable) the front panel image was not completely updated.

Or i get the image of the preceeding VI call ! The Graph update works asynchronously !

(Even if i checked the "synchronous update" property of the graph )

I think the problem is because i am calling the VI to rapidly ... without any wait ... My need is to generate the report as rapidly as possible.

I tryed to add  a wait in the VI ... but the wait delay depends of the amount of data inserted in the graph ???

I tryed also, an event loop, defer panel update ... any many other features ... but with the same bad behaviour.

It would be nice to had an event which could tell us that the graph is updated ! So i could wait on this event !

Or, it would be nice to had a method node on front panels which could "force update" !

After the method call return, we would be sure that all graphical objects of the front panel are up to date, synchronously.

Thanks for help.

Sorry for my bad english.

Manu.net

Manu.net
5 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

What is your LabVIEW version? Is the "get front panel image" correctly sequenced to occur after the graph update?

I think you should first post your VI in a regular LabVIEW forum discussion thread so we can try to reproduce the problem.

manu.NET
Active Participant

Hello Altenbach,

In parallela of this idea, i have open a issue on NI support.

(I had already openend the same kind of issue last year)

The issue should be pushed to the R&D, with code examples.

I tryed many workaround to solve my problem .... but !!!

PS : The call to get front panel image is well sequenced.

Manu.net

Manu.net
JÞB
Knight of NI

Manu,

You have started exactly zero threads in the forums outside the IE in the last year.  You have posted (hijacking) to one forum thread in that time.  Post a question.  What is your goal? What have you tried?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
manu.NET
Active Participant

Hello Jeff,

could you please be a little more explicit  ?????

Manu.

Manu.net
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.